Monday 7 September 2009

Young man, you should know this by now.

Walking down King's Road from Victoria Station towards Belgravia I passed a young man clearly preparing for his day as late as possible. This man, probably no older than, maximum, 16, walking in the opposite direction, was wearing suit trouser, a white shirt hanging outside his trousers, and had his jacket hung over his arm. Around his neck was a black tie hanging untied. As I walked passed him his hands were on the knot desperatly trying to tie it and I could litteraly see how frenetically his mind tried to remember how to do it properly.


Poor sod, didn't your father teach you this ten years ago already?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

not to mention google...I learned various variations of tie knots from google, since my father only knows the one, which in my opinion is too thin and insubstantial.